Colaba Causeway is famous for its street market - colourful clothes, antique and trendy accessories, contemporary home décor and piles of books. But frankly how many guys love to go to Colaba Causeway? Not many right? But now all you guys and tech savvy girls like me who don’t really enjoy shopping can also find their corner in the ever crowded pavement of the historic town side of Aamchi Mumbai. Now right next to Regal cinemas you have a new cozy tech hub called Univercell Sync.
On Saturday, I went there with some other bloggers to visit the store and the minute we entered the small store we were all shocked to see the place. Decent place, yes; Mobiles on display, yes; Mobile accessories, yes – but how was this different? Gauging our confusion salesperson of the store decided to come to our rescue. And even before he could begin describing his new den we broke his enthusiasm by unanimously questioning him – HOW WAS THIS DIFFERENT?
So here is what he had to say - UniverCell Sync might look like any normal mobile section of an electronic store but is much spaced out compared to other stores. It is designed to prevent confusion and let customers explore and discover their needs with ease. UniverCell zones, unlike many other stores, are not brand or budget oriented but feature oriented. In Each zone customers can use and assess various gizmos and pick the best for themselves.
So for more clarity let me explain his point of feature based sections. The whole store is divided into 6 main sections along with some interesting spots.
1. New and Noteworthy – The minute you enter the store you are greeted by the new and the most in gadgets. Not only does this section have the most current tech that has just hit the Indian markets, but also has products that are yet to hit the Indian Markets! Want to check out the new LG D2 & Lenovo S850 visit the store now, coz these are on display there currently.
2. The Popular Aisle – You craving for a Nexus5 or Samsung S5 or iPhone 5s, this is the zone you would find it all. Reason – What trends, stands on this Aisle! And it lures you to the store as this zone is visible from the pavement.
3. Click Click – The Imaging section is the next zone of the store, which lets you compare all the best camera phones available in the market. From HTC ONE M8 to Lumia all the phones that make you go click click you would get in this section along with flash cards, SD cards and Power Bank.
Music – If someone asks me what do I use my phone max for, my answer would be Whatsapp and music. Univercell Sync understands people like me very well I guess cause they have a whole section totally dedicated to music. From phone with best music quality to accessories that enhance the music quality of your devices you would find it all here. I personally spent quite some time exploring the devices of this section. I tried accessing the Panasonic Bluetooth Speaker through my cellphone and the security alarm went off, but beat this I could still hear my song clearly despite the ringing alarm. Univercell sure has quality products!
5. Tab Experience Zone – A section to relax and discover tabs with on hand experience. This section had tabs like Apple Samsung galaxy and phablets. And the store owner specially said it was made keeping children in their mind. So get your kids, let them play and choose their tech champion.
6. Budget Phones – Last but not the least was the center table of this tech world – a section dedicated to all the budget smartphone in the market. Small names big products and affordable prices were the specialty of this zone. Smartphone of Karbonn and Micromax donned this area.
Apart from these sections which are definitely the highlight of the store the subtle yet prominent features of the store are the tech graffiti wall, the emotional wall and the frame yourself section. We have all heard wall have ears, but here I say walls have emotions – Wall of emoticons was the cutest area of the whole store. Also for the convenience of the customers, they have section checklists and the store has a special wait, experience and pay zone where you can sit back and use your product efficiently to be satisfied with your buy. On the whole it is like a Diagon Alley for mobile freaks to say the least and this goes without saying 2 hours spent at the store was time well spent for me. So tech freaks of the town, guess I just gave you your new joint and next time your girlfriend or your mom ask you to go to Colaba Causeway with them you know your escape route!
Address - Univercell Sync
Next to Regal Cinema
P.S. - This post has been written as a part of the Univercell Sync Mumbai Store Review for Indiblogger.com